About this Session:
This session will take a systems-approach to library staff diversity and specifically examine:
(1) Defining and building an understanding of surface versus deep-level diversity;
(2) Addressing systemic barriers to entry, and taking a critical look at our assessment tools like recruitment practices, interview guides and testing mechanisms;
(3) Criteria and assessment of diversity initiatives; and
(4) Managing diversity initiatives.
What will you learn?
- What does leveraging difference and plurality in our spaces of work truly mean?
- Designing recruitment practices that increase representation.
- Measuring success through hard data.
About the Presenter:
Amanda Fernandez, MI, MBA, is a social entrepreneur and the founder of Inclusifyy. Amanda is dedicated to supporting libraries and municipalities build a diverse workforce, and a culture of equity and inclusion.
Social media: linkedin.com/in/amanda-fernandez-19aa94146/
Non Members: 55.00